PhD positions (National University of Singapore PhD degree) are available
in the group of Professor Jinlong Gong
Tianjin University and the National University of Singapore officially established the joint college in Fuzhou in 2018, which fuses the merits of both universities. The joint college aims to develop into a world-class research center, integrate frontier knowledge, and cultivate top scientific research talents. For more details, please refer to: http://www.tju-nus-fz.org.cn/.
The Energy & Catalysis Adventure Team (ECAT) aims to educate excellent engineers and scientists. Our team focuses on the development of computational methods for catalytic processes, such as propane dehydrogenation, based on artificial intelligence and big data. To achieve caron-neutrality, our team conducts research on photoelectrochemical water splitting for hydrogen production and electroreduction of CO2 for chemical production. We are also solving the problems in the chip and semiconductor industries by investigating thin-film technologies for manufacturing. For more information, please visit our website:http://gonglab.tju.edu.cn/.
Welcome young talents who are interested in making contributions in the fields of heterogeneous catalysis, surface chemistry, and chemical reaction engineering to joinus.
1. All enrolled students will participate in the study and research according to the four-year doctoral program of NUS, and finally obtain a doctoral degree in science or engineering of NUS. You will complete the course requirements in the first year in the Department of Chemistry or Chemical Engineering of NUS and pass the first doctoral qualification examination. In the second and third years, you will engage inscientific research at Fuzhou research institute and pass the second qualifying exam. In the fourth year, you will return to the NUS to complete the research project and pass the oral defense before obtaining the PhD degree.
2. Tuition is free for four years. During the stay in Singapore, the salary shall be subject to that of PhD students of NUS. During the stay in Fuzhou, each PhD candidate shall be subject to that of PhD students of the joint college.
1. Bachelors or masters from top universities, and thecumulative average point (CAP) at least 4.0/5.0 for Bachelor and/or Master's course;
2. Fluent in English with language requirements: IELTS score of at least 6.0 or TOEFL score of at least 85;
3. An aggregate minimum score of 320 for the GRE general test Verbal and Quantitative sections and a minimum score of 3.5 for the Analytical Writing section.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email the following application materials:
1. Resume in English;
2. Master students should provide an English abstract of the research work (dissertation) of no more than 2 pages. Undergraduate students should provide personal statement in English;
3. Transcripts for undergraduate and graduate students, and proof of ranking;
4. At least two letters of recommendation (if any), one of which from the supervisor is recommended for the master applicants;
5. A copy of the certificate of English proficiency (if any), which may not be provided by students who have completed the undergraduate or master courses in the country or region where the courses are taught inEnglish.
Send to: email@example.com, please indicate “NUS doctor application – current unit – name” in the title.
We warmly welcome students who are interested in scientific research to joinus!